Are you trying to setup your F9K1122 Dual Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi range extender? If yes, then here’s the procedure to setup Belkin extender using wired connections. Kindly, refer to the complete information for correctly setting up your Belkin range extender without any technical assistance.
Users can setup their Dual Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi range extender wirelessly and through wired connections as well. Here’s the procedure to setup an extender using wired connections. So, if you wish to setup your Belkin using wired connections, then kindly go through the following procedure.
List of Pre-requisites for Belkin Wi-Fi Extender Setup through hard wired connections:
- Single Ethernet cord
- One laptop or personal computer
- There must be a wire-free router and user must know its network ID and password. If you own a dual band router, then ensure that you know the network ID and password for both of those bands. If you don’t know the network ID as password details of your Belkin router, then you may refer to the following steps.
- Open an updated web browser on your internet connected laptop or computer.
- Browse the Belkin router’s web setup by typing the URL as “192.168.2.1.”
- The Belkin router’s web setup page will open up.
- Locate the “login” Button and click on it.
- You will be asked to type in the password details. There leave the password field blank as the default password is blank. In case you have altered the password details, then leaving the field blank won’t work and you will have to enter the password that was set earlier. If you are unable to remember the password, then feel free to get in touch with Belkin tech support team.
- After submitting the password details or leaving the password field blank, click on “Submit.”
- You will be directed to another page. There locate Wireless Settings and click on the option for “Channel and SSID” field under it.
- Channel and SSID page will open up and there you will find your network name in the field labeled as “SSID.”
- To view password details, you may click on the option for “Security” available below “Wireless.” Locate the check box for “Obscure PSK” and click on it to uncheck the check box. Your password details will show up in field labeled as “Pre-Shared Key.”
- You can securely note down the SSID and passkey anywhere. So that it can be easily accessed when required while configuring Belkin Wi-Fi extender.
After gathering the pre-requisites, kindly refer to the following steps for configuring F9K1122 Dual Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender using wired connections:
- Use an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between the F9K1122 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender and your computer or laptop. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on computer or laptop and plug in another end to the Ethernet port of your Dual Band N600 Belkin range extender.
- Connect your Belkin Wi-Fi range extender F9K1122 to any of the working power outlets in your premises. Turn ON the power switch to start the Belkin range extender.
- Turn OFF the wireless internet connectivity settings of your laptop or personal computer.
- Open any of the working Web browsers on your computer or laptop and browse the Belkin web setup page. Type in http://Belkin.range as the URL in the search space of your web browser and click on “Search” or press down the Enter key for once. If due to any reason you are unable to access the Belkin web setup page through its URL, then try accessing it by typing its IP details i.e. http://192.168.206.1.
- Soon as the web setup page of Belkin F9K1122 opens up, locate the “Get Started” button and click on it.
- Choose any one wireless network between 2.4 GHz or 5GHz and tap on the “Next” button.
- You will come across a prompt that might ask you to enter the passkey for connecting to internet network. So type in the password for your network and click on “Next” button.
- Now, click on the button to “Create Extended Network.” This will setup your Dual band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi range extender and you can start using it from now onwards.
So, this was how users can setup their Dual Band Belkin F9K1122 Wi-Fi range extender. Hope you find the procedure simple and easy to understand. If the procedure proved to be helpful and you wish to have more such information, then feel free to visit Belkin Range Extender Setup page any time you want.
For any other query you can also follow the links given below: